WILHITE-L Archives

Archiver > WILHITE > 2006-03 > 1143436862

Subject: Wilhites - Philip Swank and Polly Wilhoit
Date: 26 Mar 2006 22:21:02 -0700

Surnames: Wilhite, Wilhoit, Swank
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/HWWBAEB/234.1.1.1.1.2

Message Board Post:

Emailed you twice but both were returned, so will post here.

I don't have much on the Swank's but hope this might help.

Jacob Swank died 15 Sep 1851. Married Catherine Unknown. She died 02 Jul 1856.

Notes for Jacob Swank:
Jacob entered land in Mont Co., March 1831 from KY and Fountain Co. This land was later transferred to Phillip, Wilson Swank and James Ames.

More about Jacob Swank: Burial: Oakland Cemetery near Elmdale, Montgomery Co.

Child of Jacob Swank and Catherine Unknown is:
Philip Swank, born 04 Jul 1815 in OH; died 21 Jan 1879.
He married Polly Ann Wilhoit 31 Dec. 1835, daughter of Achilles Wilhoit and Mary Hall. She was born 01 Dec 1817 in IN and died 03 Feb 1897 in Oakland Cemetery, Coal Creek, Montgomery Co., IN.

Child of Philip Swank and Polly Wilhoit is:
Benjamin Swank, born 03 Nov 1836. He married Mary Ellen Cowan.

The source I have entered (sometime ago) is "Family Histories of Montgomery Co., IN 1823-1988 by Turner Publishing Co."

Again, hope this helps.

This thread: