WEXFORD-L Archives

Archiver > WEXFORD > 1999-09 > 0937461815

From: "jeanette mote" <>
Subject: Re: [WEXFORD] John Esmonde
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 06:03:35 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Neill <>
To: <>
Date: Thursday, September 16, 1999 6:11 AM

>Hi William,
>
>The first entry of the following may be of interest to you:

>FREEMEN OF COUNTY WEXFORD FOUND AT THE LIVERPOOL RECORDS OFFICE
>

>SURNAME CHRISTIAN NAME(S) DATE OCCUPATION/ADDRESS
>

>__MONDE(?) JAMES 29 JUN 1831 MARINER. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>ARCHER CLEMENT 27 OCT 1831 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>BARRY JAMES MAYLOR 1 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>BOLGER PAUL 13 SEP 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>BRUEN? PATRICK 29 JUN 1830 MERCHANT. BOROUGH OF WEXFORD.
>
>BOYD JOHN 29 SEP 1793 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
**

>CARDIFF ROBERT 15 JAN 1838 DOCTOR. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>CLANCY WILLIAM 29 JUN 1830 MERCHANT. GROCER. TOWN OF
>WEXFORD
>AND CASTLEBRIDGE. *
>
>COADY JOHN 2 JUL 1830 ROPE MAKER. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>CODD JAMES 29 JUN 1830 TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>CODD PATRICK 29 SEP 1841 GROCER. TOWN OF WEXFORD. *
>
>CODD RICHARD 1 NOV 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>CONNOR JOHN 10 OCT 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>COONEY JOHN 29 JUN 1830 TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>COUSINS? LAUce 29 JUN 1830 GROCER. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>COYLE THOMAS BRENAN 29 SEP 1829 TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>CULLIN NICHOLAS 1830 MERCHANT & SHOP KEEPER.
>TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>DEVEREUX RICHd 3 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. BOROUGH OF WEXFORD.
>
>DEVEREUX WILLIAM 1 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>DOYLE DAVID. OCT 1832 CAPTAIN. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>DOYLE PETER 6 JUL 1835 MERCHANT. TOWN OF
>WEXFORD.
>
>FINLAY PETER 29 JUN 1830 TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>FURLONG JOE 14 DEC 1838 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>GAFFNEY TIMOTHY 20 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>GAFFNEY WILLIAM 24 JUL 1834 BOROUGH OF WEXFORD.
>
>GAFFNEY WILLIAM JUNIOR 6 JUL 1835 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>GOWLETT JAMES EDWARD 18 AUG 1840 JOHN ST. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>HARPER FRANCIS 28 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>HARPER PHILIP 24 SEP 1831 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>HARVEY MAURICE C. 29 JUN 1830 MERCHANT. BOROUGH OF WEXFORD.
>
>HORE JOHN 1 OCT 1830 SHIP OWNER & MARINER. TOWN OF
>WEXFORD.
>
>HORE PATRICK 29 JUN 1831 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>HUGHES ROBERT 9 SEP 1795 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD. *
>
>HUGHES WILLIAM BATES 13 SEP 1816 MERCHANT TOWN OF WEXFORD. *
>
>HUGHES WILLIAM 7 NOV 1769 *
>
>JACKMAN JOHN 29 JUN 1835 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD. *
>
>JEFFERES SHEPPARD 6 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>JONES NATHANIEL 29 JUN 1754 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>KAVANAGH LAURENCE 29 JUN 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>KINSELLA DENIS 10 OCT 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>LACEY PATRICK 28 OCT 1831 TRADER. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>LAMBERT SIMON 4 JUN 1831 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>LEARED JOHN 13 JUN 1828 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
**

>LEARED RICHARD 29 JUN 1830 MERCHANT. 89 MAIN ST. PARISH
>OF
>WEXFORD. *
>LOVELL WILLIAM 30 JUL 1830 TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>M'CANN MATHEW 1830 MERCHANT & SHOP KEEPER. TOWN
>OF
>WEXFORD.
>
>MURPHY JAMES 29 JUN 1831 MARINER. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>O'CONNOR PATRICK 6 OCT 1837 TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>O'CONNOR RICHARD JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>PEHIT(?) MATHHEW 26 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>PRENDERGAST JAMES 1 NOV 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>PRENDERGAST WILLIAM 1 NOV 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>QUIRK PATRICK 29 JUN 1830 SHIP OWNER. 11 MAIN ST.
SOUTH,
> [...]
>
>REILLY THOMAS 1 JAN 1839 PARISH OF WEXFORD.
>
>SHEIL LUKE 13 SEP 1830 MARINER. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>SINNOTT JAMES 29 JUN 1830 TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>SINNOTT JOHN 29 JUN 1831 TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>SPARROW RICHARD 29 JUN 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>SPARROW ROBERT JUNIOR 29 JUN 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>STAFFORD ROBERT JUNIOR 10 OCT 1834 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD. *
>
>STAFFORD WALTER 29 JUN 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>WALSH MICHAL 1830 MERCHANT & SHOP KEEPER.
>TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>WALSH PHILIP 27 FEB 1832 TRADER. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>WALSH RICHARD 29 JUN 1830 MERCHANT. THE MAIN ST.
> PARISH OF ST. IBERIES *
>
>WHITBY ANDREW 2 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>WHITBY NICOLAS 2 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>WHITBY PATRICK 2 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>WHITBY WILLIAM 2 JUL 1830 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>WHITE JOHN 2 JUL 1782 MERCHANT. TOWN OF WEXFORD. *
>
>WICKHAM MICH 1 JUL 1830 COOPER. TOWN OF WEXFORD.
>
>* = COPY OF FREEMAN CERTIFICATE.
>** = FREEMAN CERTIFICATE WITH WAX SEAL ATTACHED.
>DATE = THE DATE PERSON BECAME A "FREEMAN" OF THE WEXFORD,OR DATE FROM
> PAPERS RELATING TO THAT PERSON.
>
>The above list of names is taken from records held at the Liverpool
>Records Office. They are in an unlisted box marked ACC 1354, Liverpool
>Corporation: Town Clerk's Department, Certificates of Freemen of
>Boroughs other than Liverpool, also papers relating to their rights in
>the 18th & 19th century. There are several folders in the box, which
>hold the certificates for London, Bristol, Waterford and Wexford. Some
>of the certificates are hand written with wax seals attached, others are
>pre-printed with the name and date added. There are letters signed by
>the rector and church wardens certifying that the said person was a
>house holder in a their parish. The majority of the Wexford file
>consisted of short letters from rectors and church wardens, with some
>certificates and some copies of certificates. I have indexed the
>Waterford & Wexford Freeman, I will not be indexing the London and
>Bristol Freemen, I will leave that to someone else who has the time and
>interest to do them.
>
> (C) 1994 PATRICK NEILL

>Regards,
>
>Patrick
>

>>I am trying to find the birthplace of my great grandfther John Esmonde
born
>>1803 somewere in Wexford City, or County Wexford. He died in Ottawa,
>>Canada in 1883. I also need his R.C.parish, and any information on the
>>year and date he sailed to Toronto, Canada.The name of the ship he sailed
>>on, or information where I can find a passenger lists would also be
>>helpful. William B. Esmonde

>>To unsubscribe from the list:
>>http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hughw/subscribe.html

>To add names to the Wexford Surnames List, go to
>http://www.flashbase.com/forms/wexford
>You have listed two Doyle names, David b. 1832 and Peter b. 1835 this might
be what I am looking for. My grandmother, Anna Theresa (Doyle) was born
Ballingstraw, Newtonberry, Wexford, Ireland ? 1877 or 1878. I have
heretofore been unable to find out anything more about her other than her
birth date. She married Charles William or Lewis Charles? Adams after
coming to the States. If you have any information I would appreciate it.
Thank you. Alma Jeanette (Adams) Mote

This thread: