WESSEX-PLUS-L Archives

Archiver > WESSEX-PLUS > 2002-09 > 1032721408

From: "nigel.weeks" <>
Subject: Re: [WSX] Devizes Bateson Club
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:03:28 +0100

Hi John
Thanks for that. I would guess that it was some sort of social club. The
shooting league is associated with Pubs and clubs that still have shooting
ranges attatched. I guess the Bateson club closed down sometime after the
fifties. I'll see what I can dig up in the records office next time I'm
there
regards
Nigel