Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-08 > 0872022531

From: "Protzmann, Robert" <>
Subject: Re: Nicholas Carnochan from Sco
Date: 19 Aug 1997 16:28:51 -0400

I am interested in the Carnochan line which ended up in Rockland County,
NY. Gouverneur Morris Carnochan was a large landowner, farmer, and
businessman in New City, the County seat. I believe the family came to
Rockland Co from either Westchester Co, or NYC.

His mansion became part of Clarkstown North High School.

He was also descended from the Morris family of Morrisania Manor and the
early colonial Huguenot family of Abraham Gouverneur.

There are no more descendants in Rockland Co today.

Bob Protzmann

This thread: