SCT-FIFE-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-FIFE > 2003-06 > 1054500245

From: "richard laurence" <>
Subject: [FIF] [FIFE] John bute Torryburn
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:44:11 +0100

Hello LaVerne

>From Richard

I have just come back from Scotland, & have been to Torryburn to see my
Dad`s grave there,
He is in the new cemetery.

I have been to the church cemetery and this is what I found.

Unfortunately the stone is in half & part of it as been placed into the
ground.

Still some information that you can see

Erected by James Bute of Huston Texas U.S.A.

John Bute Died 2 June 1855

Wife Elizabeth White Died 3 June 1870

Also Peter White Died 20 April 1884

Also Janet Cook Died 1 June 1892

Unfortunately this is all you can see,

I have taken some photos and if you would like to contact me direct I will
e.mail them to you