POSEN-L Archives

Archiver > POSEN > 2003-06 > 1055215835

From: =James Birkholz= <>
Subject: Re: [POSEN] Church Records
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 22:30:37 -0500

The Kreis Kolmar book says that the church for Neuh├╝tte was Gembitz
Hauland, Kr. Czarnikau.
I don't see any LDS films for that church, nor for more than a few years of
Gramsdorf, Kr. Obornik where some nearby villages went.

However, Lukasz's data (http://www.polishroots.org/genpoland/posguide.htm)
indicates that Gembitz Hauland formed out of Gramsdorf / Bukowiec (Kr.
Obornik) in 1856, which is after the time of your searching anyway...
So it's looking to me that Gramsdorf is your best bet, but only 4 years of
records appear to have survived: 1813-1817.

The missing records may or may not turn up somewhere, but they aren't on
LDS films yet.

James

At 06:33 PM 6/9/03, Shane Edgar wrote:
>Particularly 1843, but also 1837 and 1845. Thanks James.
>
>Shane
>
>=James Birkholz= <> wrote:
>This would be Neuhu"tte, east of Gembitz/Ge,bice. It was in the north/south
>Wischin clearing of the Wischin forest that straddled the Kr. Czarnikau/
>Kr. Kolmar border. What time period are you looking at?
>
>James
>
>At 12:30 PM 6/9/03, Shane Edgar wrote:
> >Hello List,
> >
> > Does anybody know where I could start looking for Evangelical
> > Church records for the town of Niewiemko in Kreis Kolmar, Posen. I'm
> > trying to find the closest parish for the town. I can e-mail a map to
> > anybody who is interested in giving it a shot. Thanks.
> >
> >Shane

This thread: