PICKETT-L ArchivesArchiver > PICKETT > 2003-04 > 1049236183
Subject: Family of Daniel Locke Pickett (Spicket)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:29:43 EST
Anyone recognize the following lineage? I would like to correspond to anyone
who might be able to offer additional info.
Descendants of Daniel Locke Pickett (Spicket)
Generation No. 1
1. DANIEL LOCKE PICKETT1 (SPICKET) died January 04, 1823. He married
ABILENE COBURN April 04, 1785 in Woostock, CT, daughter of JOHN COBURN and
Notes for DANIEL LOCKE PICKETT (SPICKET):
Daniel Pickett served in the Rev. War, and had a pension under the name of
Daniel Spicket. He is buried in Evergreen Cemetery in Winchester, Cheshire
Pension papers, dated 1820 mention Daniel living with a daughter in law, who
is age 27, and has two children: Hannh age 4, and Lewis age 2.
Children of DANIEL (SPICKET) and ABILENE COBURN are:
2. i. JOHN2 PICKETT, b. Unknown, Hebron, CT; d. Unknown.
ii. SAMUEL PICKETT, b. 1789, Winchester, NH.
iii. HOSEA PICKETT, b. March 29, 1788, Winchester, NH; d. April 10,
1788, Winchester, NH.
iv. MARY PICKETT, b. March 29, 1788, Winchester, NH; d. April 16, 1788,
v. HOSEA PICKETT, b. 1792, Winchester, NH; d. October 02, 1864; m.
SERAPH WHIPPLE, June 06, 1815.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 PICKETT (DANIEL LOCKE PICKETT1 (SPICKET)) was born Unknown in
Hebron, CT, and died Unknown. He married CANDACE LEWIS.
Notes for JOHN PICKETT:
John lived in Grand Rapids, MI for a time. His occupation was listed as a
carpenter. His wife, Candace Lewis was reported to be quite wealthy in the
Children of JOHN PICKETT and CANDACE LEWIS are:
3. i. HOSEA BENJAMIN3 PICKETT, b. October 23, 1824, Vermont; d. December
14, 1910, Hat Creek, Shasta County, California.
ii. JOHN PICKETT.
iii. HANNAH PICKETT.
iv. DUSTIN PICKETT.
v. INFANT PICKETT.
Generation No. 3
3. HOSEA BENJAMIN3 PICKETT (JOHN2, DANIEL LOCKE PICKETT1 (SPICKET)) was born
October 23, 1824 in Vermont, and died December 14, 1910 in Hat Creek, Shasta
County, California. He married MALINDA SELENA MAYHAM Unknown in unknown.
Child of HOSEA PICKETT and MALINDA MAYHAM is:
4. i. CANDACE MATILDA4 PICKETT, b. September 28, 1852, Crawfordsville,
Montgomery County, Indiana; d. May 11, 1932, Hat Creek, Shasta County,
Generation No. 4
4. CANDACE MATILDA4 PICKETT (HOSEA BENJAMIN3, JOHN2, DANIEL LOCKE PICKETT1
(SPICKET)) was born September 28, 1852 in Crawfordsville, Montgomery County,
Indiana, and died May 11, 1932 in Hat Creek, Shasta County, California. She
married ELIAS EDWARD BROWN, son of JOHN BROWN and NANCY WILLIAMS.
Children of CANDACE PICKETT and ELIAS BROWN are:
5. i. MAUD ETHEL5 BROWN, b. February 26, 1875, Hat Creek, Shasta County,
California; d. 1950, California.
6. ii. LENORA "NONIE" BROWN, b. February 24, 1873.
7. iii. RUBY PEARLEEN BROWN, b. June 18, 1877.
iv. FLORENCE MABLE BROWN, b. February 08, 1880; m. FRED WHELDON.
8. v. LESLIE BENJAMIN BROWN, b. July 28, 1882.
9. vi. ALTA EARNESTINE BROWN, b. June 24, 1886.
vii. CLAIR ALLAN BROWN, b. July 17, 1889.
10. viii. CARROLL FAYE BROWN, b. December 17, 1891.