GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-05 > 1053478878

From: Sam Sloan <>
Subject: Re: netscape.ancestry.com claims that Colin Powell is a relative of George W. Bush
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:02:14 -0400

Sorry, but I did not get your attachment. Please send it again.

To find it on Netscape, go to
http://www.ancestry.netscape.com/landing/strange/bush3/answer2.htm

Then click on the bottom where is says "View the Family Tree!".

The Colin Powell family tree says that Colin was the son of Maud Arial
McKay (1902-1984) who was a descendant of Sir Eyre Coote (1760-1823) and
Sally, a Jamaican Slave. Sir Eyre Coote was a descendant of Chidley Coote
who was a descendant of Thomas Duke of Glouchester who died in 1347. He was
the son of King Edward III who was a grandson of King Edward I.

What do you think about this?

Sam Sloan

At 10:00 AM 5/21/2003 +1000, Leo van de Pas wrote:
>Dear Sam,
>The line you indicate (which you do not have), I have also see my
>attachment.
>Where did you find that on Netscape? And where is the line for Colin Powell?
>Best wishes
>Leo van de Pas
>Canberra, Australia

This thread: