Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-05 > 1053478878

From: Sam Sloan <>
Subject: Re: claims that Colin Powell is a relative of George W. Bush
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:02:14 -0400

Sorry, but I did not get your attachment. Please send it again.

To find it on Netscape, go to

Then click on the bottom where is says "View the Family Tree!".

The Colin Powell family tree says that Colin was the son of Maud Arial
McKay (1902-1984) who was a descendant of Sir Eyre Coote (1760-1823) and
Sally, a Jamaican Slave. Sir Eyre Coote was a descendant of Chidley Coote
who was a descendant of Thomas Duke of Glouchester who died in 1347. He was
the son of King Edward III who was a grandson of King Edward I.

What do you think about this?

Sam Sloan

At 10:00 AM 5/21/2003 +1000, Leo van de Pas wrote:
>Dear Sam,
>The line you indicate (which you do not have), I have also see my
>Where did you find that on Netscape? And where is the line for Colin Powell?
>Best wishes
>Leo van de Pas
>Canberra, Australia

This thread: